During Covid Level 2
Only 100 members and guests allowed in the Club Rooms for seated service.
Hopefully next week we will be in Level 1 and be able to draw the five cards left in The Joker and have our money draws and music back!!
Changes to the Membership Draws
You must be a financial member and present:
When a membership draw must be struck after 15 draws it will be won on the last two numbers of your membership card.
eg if your membership number is 1188 the winning number will be 88
If there is more than one member in the club with the last two numbers the prize money will be shared equally.
Jokers Wild has only five cards left, the Executive has decided to draw all five cards once we are back at level one.
One lucky member will win $1,000 and the other four members will win the value of the card they turn over....
Lunch 11.30am-2pm Dinner 5pm-8pm Monday-Saturday
Roast Dinner is available Wed, Thurs, Fri & Sat nights only $12.00
Sunday Roast is available Noon-7pm only $15.50 includes dessert
The Restaurant is closed until we are back in Level 1.
Adjuncts can commence from Monday 7th September,
with a limited number of 50 members.
Please respect the limited numbers or we will be forced to return to no Adjunct activities.
Karaoke in the A/S Lounge on Wednesday & Friday and Housie this Friday 1.30pm.
Tuesday 15th September 7pm
Cancelled - All Money Draws and Music.
Our new manager is looking for space to store two vintage cars please phone the office if you have any.
Racing Tauranga welcomes the opportunity to offer our members the option of becoming a member of our racing club for $25 per member for the 2020/2021 racing season. This would be payable at the Citz Club Reception. They have 13 race meetings for the coming season with the first on the Saturday 29th August.
Members have the following privileges:
- Admission to all Racing Tauranga race meetings
- Admission to the Members Lounge at Tauranga Racecourse
- Complimentary race book at each Meeting
- Access to the Members car park
- Reciprocal Members privileges at: Auckland Racing Club; Cambridge Jockey Club; Matamata Racing Club; Racing Rotorua; Taumarumui Racing Club; Racing Taupo; Te Aroha Jockey Club; Waikato Racing Club; Thames Jockey Club.
SWAP A BOOK LIBRARY
In our main area we have a book shelf in the corner where you can bring books to exchange with our members.
Sunday 27th September 10am Blue Ribbon Breakfast
Saturday 31st October - Country Bliss Show
7pm-11pm - Starring Trevor Steven's Plus guest artist's Steve Ward, Don Munro, Dave Ewart Junior, Kerryn Bowler & Donna Saunders
Tickets $15 per person from Reception
Saturday 10th October - The Bee Gee's Tribute Show
7.30pm-10.30pm $15.00 Cover charge in the Restaurant - A la carte meals available from 5.30pm
Tickets available at Reception
Melbourne Cup Tuesday 3rd November
Fashion Parade starts 3pm, Prizes for Best Dressed Lady, Prizes for Best Hat, Prizes for Best Dressed Man
Corporate Tables (Tables of 8)
$25.00 Per Punter
Continuous Buffet, Drink Vouchers, Betting Vouchers.
Register at the door and be in to have a chance to win one of the 8 $50.00 draws.
Christmas Day Luncheon Friday 25th December
Served from 11.30am to 2pm
$80.00 per adult $35.00 per child 12 years & under (Free for under 3 year olds)
Tickets from Reception
BRINGING CLUBS NZ, MEMBER SAVINGS TO YOU
Get More Out Of Your Membership
Go to Clubs NZ Website then click on member market
to see all the benefits and discounts available to you the members.
Wednesday through to Saturday only $2.50 each way - starts at 3.30pm to late.
Please be aware that if you park your vehicle in front of the Shops behind our Club, during normal business hours, your vehicle stands the chance of being towed away. These parks are now being policed.
Our Club car park is situated across the road from the Club.
LOYALTY POINTS FOR CLUB MEMBERS
Each purchase you make at the bar, you will receive 3% of the total purchase towards your loyalty points. Loyalty points can be redeemed at the bars when you have accumulated enough points. Each point is equal to $1.00.
You need to be a financial member of Tauranga Citizens Club and have your membership card with you at all times.
Please have your club card ready to be swiped when you purchase your drinks. Remember - NO CARD = NO POINTS. THE POINTS WILL EXPIRE ON THE 31ST MAY 2021.
This is placed in the foyer, can you please let the office know of any members who have passed away this year.
Specialises in all aspects of plastering 40+ years experience no job too small, call Dave today on 0277717312.
The Entertainers Club
Caitriona Fallon & her outstanding Band return CANCELLED REFUNDS AT RECEPTION
ADJUNCTS UP-COMING EVENTS & RESULTS
AGM for the Travel Club is 11am Saturday 26th September in the main Bar area.
8 Ball News
THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS
Tga Citizens Club, Emac Electrical, Repco Te Puke, Barclay Engravers, Leaner 3 (8 Ball Members), 15th Ave Tyres & Suspension Centre, Aussie Butcher - Gate Pa Shopping Centre, Hyalite Hydroponics, Hospitality NZ - BOP Branch.
Golf Section Games for 2020
New Golfers welcome:
4th October - Whakatane starts 10am
15th November - Putaruru starts 10am
6th December - Matamata starts 10am - Xmas Tournament(Closed to Tga Citz Club Golf Members only)
Games are $25 if affiliated (includes prizes / 2's / Hidden hole)
Please contact Kim 0274889976 if you are interested in joining.
Texas No Limit HoldemPoker 2020 Tournaments:
13th September, 4th October - Deep Stack Tournment.
The Tauranga Citizens' Club is now on FACEBOOK - Like us and get regular updates about the Club.
MEMBERS: It has been noted how well you, the Members, look after each other in the Club rooms and when crossing the road. We thank you for this. If you have any concerns about Health & Safety in the Club, or any other issues, please talk to the Executive or Joanna our Manager. But on a positive note we are also very receptive to any positive suggestions for the future.
GUIDELINES FOR INDIVIDUALS VISITING OTHER CLUBS
- You must provide proof of membership of your own Club. Each club will have its own individual entry requirements according to the club's rules, even if you are a member of another club you may be required to sign in.
- Under the law, clubs can only sell and supply alcohol to members of the club concerned, guests of a member of the club concerned and reciprocal visitors (members of another Clubs New Zealand member club). Unless a club has been granted a condition on their licence, a person who is not a member of any club, who has been invited to the club by a reciprocal visitor will not be able to be sold or supplied alcohol while in the club.
- Your club must be a financial member of Clubs New Zealand.
- Check with the club beforehand about dress code, special rules or ticket-only events.
- If you pay frequent visits to another club, you may be required to join it.
- Those RSAs that are not members of Clubs New Zealand may not extend reciprocal visiting rights.
- Failure to observe the rules and by-laws of the club you are visiting may result in non-admission or removal from the premises. In extreme cases, the withdrawal of visiting rights for either you or your entire club may result.
- Be aware that individual clubs have the right to control entry to their club, and despite reciprocal rights being in place, you may be denied entry to the club.
- Legal entry requirements in Australia may be different to New Zealand so check before visiting an overseas club.
SAFETY IN CROSSING FROM THE CLUB CAR PARK TO THE CLUB
The road from the car park across to the Club is getting dangerous at peak traffic time so we suggest you either cross at the traffic lights on the corner of Thirteenth Avenue and Cameron Road or cross at the corner of Christopher Street and Thirteenth Avenue where there is a refuge for your safety.
Each application is considered based on the type of cost and Member's circumstances, and at the discretion of the Welfare Committee.
Claims may include but not limited to:
Glasses/lenses - maximum $100
Medical/eye test for license
Some minor medical expenses/procedures (not general GP consultations) at the discretion of the Welfare Committee
Does not include:
General GP consultation
REMEMBER: EXPECT THE BEST, FORGET THE REST, SEE YOU AT THE CITZ!
CLUB CONTACT DETAILS:
170 Thirteenth Ave, Tauranga
Phone/Fax: 07 578 7023